ITS WC 2014 Detroit
Managing Director’s Summary on the 21st ITS World Congress Detroit
ITS Canada led three of our member companies to Detroit for the 21st World Congress on Intelligent Transportation Systems. Another 30 members of ITS Canada were present in Detroit as well and another ten were speakers or moderators at key sessions at the conference.
Highlights of the participation included:
- A very successful B2B event which brought together more than 80 ITS professionals from around the world
- Official launch of the 24th ITS WC 2017 logo: the WC will take place in Montreal
- A special award bestowed on one of our members
- Attendance at the Canadian Investment Trade Forum organized by the Canadian Consulate General
- Showcase of the Canadian built Connected Lexus
- Numerous magazine articles and podcast interviews with trade publications
- A Webinar is planned for Dec 9, 2014, which will focus on the key industry learnings from the Detroit Congress and identify the emerging and potentially disruptive trends in the transportation industry.
- ITS Canada will begin planning for the 22nd World Congress in Bordeaux shortly. Members wishing to participate are encouraged to contact us as soon as possible to express their interest.
- Members attended industry seminars presented by many foreign countries where trade opportunities were discussed and potential opportunities identified.
- ITS Canada fostered relationships with international ITS organizations and became aware of many future opportunities to showcase and market the Canadian ITS industry.