Nominations are now closed
- Nominator may be an employee of the nominated entity.
- Open to municipalities with CMA population approximately > 500,000, provincial, or federal agencies.
- Nominated projects should have been completed and in proven operation within approximately the last 3 years.
- In the case of a submission by a city, the project/program must not be a regional municipality, provincial, or federally led initiative to be eligible. However, projects/programs with partnerships and funding from higher order municipalities and governments are acceptable.
- In the case of a regional municipality submission, the project/program must not be a provincial or federal government led initiative to be eligible. However, project/program partnerships and funding from provincial and/or federal governments are acceptable.
- In the case of a provincial government submission, the project/program must not be a federal government led initiative to be eligible. However, project/program partnerships and funding from the federal government is acceptable.
- Projects/programs must demonstrate a significant and/or notable advancement of ITS services in the geographic area of application. Minor extensions of existing systems are not considered significant.
- Projects may also be an ITS Integration Project that demonstrates the integration of ITS systems in accordance with the Canadian ITS Architecture. Integrated systems must originally be independent of each other, or non-existent in the case of an addition of a new system, prior to the integration. Integration between systems must be significant and/or notable with a reasonable amount of data shared between the two systems.
- Award winner representative is expected to receive the award in person at the 2019 Joint Conference & Exhibition Sept 22-25 in Halifax.