New Canadian ITS Technology R&D/Innovation
Nominations are now closed
- Nominator may be an employee of the firm or institution.
- Nominated product/technology has been developed directly by a Canadian-based firm, academic institution or government agency. The product must be successfully deployed and in proven operation either in Canada or internationally. In the case of a new updated version being released of an already existing product/technology, it must be a meaningful upgrade from the existing model or version to be eligible. The product/technology should not be older than approximately 3 years in the Canadian marketplace.
- R&D project/program must be recognized publicly and not simply part of an internal R&D activity associated with a private sector product. Projects may include new innovative ways of applying and utilizing existing technologies in new environments. A “near market ready” application which corresponds to a significant amount and/or accomplishment of R&D conducted would be also considered under the evaluation.
- The firm/academic institution/government agency must be a member of ITS Canada and in good standing.
- Award winner representative is expected to receive the award in person at the 2019 Joint Conference & Exhibition Sept 22-25 in Halifax.